I'm going to post the events of May 30th - June 3rd on this page so each day just scroll down further to see the new post added on successive days.  My first though when I crested the hill and saw this was someone sure got their wine glass out early.

The Talimena is considered to be America's Scenic Drive. I've ridden it before it isn't, and I'm not taking it today!  lol

Part of Wayne's Farms

From the aroma, I'm thinking they process chicken here.

Stopped for lunch in Morilton, AR. Just needed something healthy that didn't taste like chicken.

On a motorcycle, it's never a bad place to be.


Only one of my customers will know who this is for.

Is that you?

These must be some of your early art projects!

You must have been a real good teacher for them to name the school after you!

The 2023 Kaw Pasture for WWR
Wolfman's Wandering Rally

I'm sort of a private individual, but there sure have been a lot of folks stopping by and asking if they can use my toilet!

I was too early to check in so I took a little ride around town and came across this old drive-in theater.

Seems to still be in business

Back in the olden days we just hung the speaker on our side window. Today, we tune the radio to 90.3 FM

I've been to a lot of them but don't think I ever saw one of the movies


When I got back to the motel, Laura was getting everything set up


The Gregg's have arrived

Bill Williamson is letting us know that his entourage has checked in

Looks like the front porch sitting has started

That's Crazy Willy and the rest of the group

My good friend Mark leaning on my bike



 

Mark is lining up for the days ride. I don't think we have ridden motorcycles together since before his and Wanda's accident. It's truly a miracle from God that he and Wanda are alive, much less riding. BTW, he hasn't lost a beat. One of the better riders I've met along the way.

Maybe Sherm turned back because he realized he had rented a room called the outhouse.

Only seven on the ride today, but more will be here this evening.

Debbie's bike broke down the day she was going to leave so she drove her car. She asked if she could ride with me.............has been repenting about asking ever since. lol
Behind us are Jim and Liz in the blue Dodge PU. That sure is a pretty color.

Another obligatory road pic. 

Destination Drasco

This little shed is filled with about 15 or twenty motorcycles that are for sale. I think they all are still!

This nice Gold Wing caught my eye

It's amazing just how many options the PO installed on this baby

Mark and Bill trying out the latest in motorcycle helmets. Eventually they decided against them. They though it made them look too sophisticated!

As always, the women shift into high shopping gear, even shopping overdrive

Fortunately we men have perfected sleeping standing up in the middle of the isle!

It's a one size fits all, so now they are fighting over which one gets it.

After giving up on the sophisticated look, they settled on the distinguished look 

Back in town.......

It's lunch at the Wing Shack

Where not one of us had wings

Clockwise it Rueben, Philly, Rueben, Rueben, Cheese Burger's

Taking the long way back to the pasture we past this cool looking little store.

Kind of neat in a messy sort of way

Not a lot of rhyme or reason to the layout


I told her I would spend at least $.25  On checkout that quarter cost me $8.90 Inflation everywhere, and yes, I almost bought one of those coon skin caps!

You ain't nothing but a hound dog just a crying all the time

This two kittens hang around the cabins and seem to have a lot of fun with each other.

It's hard to tell which one is the boss

117 and counting

We stopped for an early lunch, but poor Bill and Mark had to wait while we ate as they were already stuffed with some home cooking

Crossing the White River

Fastest guy on the twisties in Arkansas today!!!

Doesn't that sound good about now?

Resting at the 341 Market on Push Mountain. Push Mountain got it's name because in the olden days the cars with less horsepower sometimes required a little extra push to get them through the steeper parts. Mark Hicks found that bit of trivia from the lady in the market.

I'm not sure what kind of turtle this is, but he tried to bite my thumb off.

If you see one, don't mess with it, I think it was Devine intervention that I still have a thumb.

Inside the 341 Market

Mark, learning about pushing cars

Guess who showed up while we were taking a break? John from VROC past.

We had Mexican food here this evening.

Several people have told me it was pretty good. My opinion was that it was a pretty good average. lol



A few more attendees have arrived although several still need to make their way down here.

Today we had a memorial ride for one of our VROC family that has passed on.

A nice graveside memorial

Hope he is resting in peace and riding the clouds



Rod is only one of several that we have lost these last few years.



After the Memorial Ride, Mark, Debbie, and I went for a spirited ride. Unfortunately riding at those speeds doesn't allow the luxury of taking too many pictures.

So I grabbed a few at this rest stop.

This was a really cool old store in the middle of twisty roads country

A little bit of everything here

Medicine, groceries, fast food, etc.

But, we came for the ice-cream!

Strawberry Chocolate Swirl Ice-Cream!!!

Later we gathered for a catered BBQ  dinner with all of the trimmings

My plate


Not one person left hungry

After dinner was the 50-50 raffle

My friend Bill Williamson always donates quite a few knives and awards them to Veterans, Youngest riders, Oldest rider, Long Distance rider, and just about anything else he can think up. At least I'm still not the oldest rider. lol

I think everyone went back to their rooms happy tonight. Tomorrow there may be a feeling of remorse that the rally has come to an end, but it has been a warm week of visiting my friends that I will cherish for a long time to come

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n