May 23 and leaving on my summer ride.


Riding north on Hwy 60 and I see that the old building in Morristown has been turned into a bar and is now open.

Ever since the heavy rains this past winter, Hwy 60 has been full of potholes. Today they have finally been repaired properly.

I arrived at Sherm and Pat's this afternoon after a very warm ride of 100 degree temps plus

It's been awhile since I have eaten at Rutherfords in Kingman and I was having a hankering for them.

Sherm humored me while satisfying his own Hankering

Most of these route 66 diners have been around for a long time.

One of the members of Sherm's scooter club.

May 24th. I've ridden up to Las Vegas to attend the graduation ceremonies of one of my family members. Ahead of the ceremonies we all gathered for lunch here at Lindo Michoacan Mexican Restaurant.

Having arrived a little early, I was looking over the view of Vegas from the parking lot.

Just think, people travel from all over the world just to donate the money used to build these extravagansas.

I was waiting in the lobby for a while and decide I wasn't going to be this guy.

This is Skylar, my distant cousins daughter and She is the Graduate!



The Badten clan and others. :)

After dinner, it was off to the Orleans Arena for the Commencement Ceremonies.

Here the class is flipping their tassels to the we're done side.

To connect back up with the Graduate, we held up signs with her picture.


Evidently it worked because poof.......there she was!

Her boyfriend telling her to put her hat on straight.  

It's not over yet, she still has several years at East Tennessee University to complete.

The whole family with even the new member.

May 25, time to head to Arkansas

Reading Burma Shave signs never gets old.




We stopped for breakfast at Westside lilos in Seligman, AZ



Just hanging out with some cool cats







Sherm looking over the popping Johnny







The Road Kill Cafe, you kill it, we grill it.

These have been parked here for awhile

Seligman is probably one of the better tourist trap towns along Route 66


The mother road attracts a lot of bikers from all over.

Some with a lot of experience and some with not so much.

This one has the most experience of all.



I'm glad they were closed, I don't think I could turn down an ice cream cone from the Sno Cap


Even the most experienced stop to take pictures.



I've never stopped at this world peace center.

I have seen it from the highway, but never up close like this.

The gold stuff sure is shiny, I wonder if it's real?

Only thing I've seen that is shinier is my bike. :)

We didn't see anyone there. Seems like world peace might not be a thing these days.

Some months back a friend brought me and another bike friend up here, so I decided to treat my buddy Sherm to the view.

He wasn't disappointed








Sure is a long way down

That's hwy 260 from Payson

Lot's of traffic today

The next step is a doosy!



Nice snag to photograph while waiting for road construction.

And wait we did.



No end as far as I could see in either direction

Ended up being about a 45 minute wait.

 

Comments

  1. So glad you could join us for Skylar's graduation. Have you ever eaten anything unusual at The Roadkill Cafe?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

n