May 26th One of my several times of riding past this landmark


My guess is he is a hard working patriotic guy.

Another Patriot taking a picture too.

It looks like his entire fleet is blue

New Mexico's version of the Smokey Mountains



Taking the backroads we ended up going through the little Village of Reserve.

Cool place  and several of the building caught my eye.

In small towns, one merchant is everything from hardware to prescriptions and groceries and even car parts.


I asked Sherm if he wanted to eat at Ella's, he did.

Cool place, great food!

Looks like Aunt B from Mayberry is making pickles again.

Just a word to the wise. :)

It's amazing how beautiful just a bunch of old rocks can be.

Sherm is checking to see if it really is a bear.





I told Sherm there was a bear in the back right of that cave.

One of many of the large radio telescopes at the VLA

When we were approaching the VLA, I told Sherm that each one was over an acre in size. While they are quite large, I may have embellished that figure a bit.


They are supposed to be listening for radio messages from aliens or something like that.

So far we've had beautiful weather but those thunderheads are looking more ominous the closer that we get to them.

We got stuck in road construction again and it was on a bridge over the........


I was really lucky to get this picture of Pancho Villa just after he made the crossing.

I asked him how he was able to cross the deep rushing waters.

Unfortunately he just said "No speaka Ingles"

I sent him back across, but later on I saw his headlight behind me again.

I'm used to big lava flows in Oregon


Up there there are pine trees growing in the flows, down here, ocotillo cactus.

Once in awhile I find a motorcycle amongst them.

I like chicken fried steak, but this is the third time in my last four meals. I only had it because I let the server choose my meal for me. He did good!


In life, there are two ways to become famous.

You can be notoriously horrible like Billy the Kid, or notoriously smart like Einstein.








As we were leaving the cemetery, Billy great grandson showed up to pay his final respects.






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n