This morning when we were ready to leave Fort Sumner, it started to rain ever so slightly. However it was enough that Sherm decided he didn't want to ride through it the rest of the way to Mountain View. I was committed, rain or shine so I continued. As I was riding along I was noting the very dark clouds on my left and on my right. I was reminded of how god parted the Dead Sea for Moses and the Israelites and thanked him for parting the clouds for me. Not one drop fell on me the entire day!

Knowing I would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for pictures today, I took a couple of this old locomotive in Clovis, NM


A lot of trains still go by here everyday.

Based on my indicated speed, I must have crossed into Texas when my odometer rolled over to 116K

It was 3:00 pm when I finally was able to stop for breakfast. As I was looking over the menu, I watched this young lady climb onto this stool to serve the guys in the lifted pick up trucks.



I was eating breakfast so late in the day because I refuse to eat fast food. Unfortunately, there are very few surviving cafe's in the small towns since covid

I'm not a fan of Tex-Mex, but even I thought this was pretty good and ate almost every bite of it. Amazing what a little hunger can do.

rst
First time I've seen an Indian kill a buffalo. I kind of think this isn't actually the method they used, but it looks cool.

If you break the law in Briscoe County, you'll be doing the time.

Funny thing is, the Sheriff did more time here than anyone else. Probably because the first floor was his residence.

The western part of the Texas panhandle is pretty flat and boring. Fi.nally a bump on the landscape


I found out today that Turkey is the home of Bob Wills

Evidently he was a singer. I'll let you google him since as of yet, I haven't.  :)

I was able to top off at no charge.

Big room, clean room, big parking spot, only $66 total. I could easily park 4 bikes in that space.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n