6-9-20 A new chapter for the blog begins today. I wasn't expecting to ride through Missoula on this trip and had already told Brian and Lady that I didn't think I would see them this year. However when I left Marty and Gayle's he said I should ride through Missoula on my way to Whitefish. Stopping for gas, I gave them and call and invited them to lunch. While enjoying the meal, the rain started and they invited me to stay at their place. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

So far it has been a cool summer. Normally you would see countless numbers of young people swimming and sun bathing along these shores.

This is the first time I've ridden up the east side of Flathead Lake

It almost looks like looking over the ocean at times.

No matter how you look at it, it's a big lake







A lot of private docks on this side of the lake.

Just sitting by the dock of the bay, wasting time..............

Likewise

Time for my one meal, make it a good one.

I had to look twice

Still thought he might chase me down. 

Riding through a lot of rain today.



This is the Clark Fork River.

I'm pretty sure I saw the same river 120 miles away in Missoula this morning

Not out of their banks, but all the rivers up here are running full.

They hooked me with their billboard advertising Huckleberry Shakes

Unfortunately, it was $7, medium size, and very average flavor.

Still, I liked the decor

This mission is in an Idaho State Park just west of Kellogg, ID



Spokane Falls in Spokane, WA


I think Steffen is trying to get things cleaned up before I get here.

He didn't know I snuck in

He does now. lol



Logan is so excited to see me he fell asleep

Once he woke up he is really busy finding bugs and things.

Trimming the trees whiskers

Got that yard work done, now for some play station 5

 





Not much new going on. They did fill the pool and these crazy kids are swimming in this 48 degree water. Burrrrrrrrrrrr

Now this is more my speed.

I can honestly say that I am past the age where if I saw a trampoline that I would want to jump on it.

I'm not worth much in the digging department these days either.

The kids have been taking turns getting their motorcycle rides in.

Another little milestone

I'm visiting my grandkids again and we are continuing with some of their landscaping projects. We want to make it a maintenance free as possible. First step is to get rid of the growth.

Second thing is to form and pour a permanent border curb.

Having installed the main irrigation three years ago, we are now placing the various emitters and drip line to strategic locations and then covering them with plastic.

Adding 4" of bark chips over the plastic does several things.

One thing is it insulates keeping the soil warmer during the cold winter months.

Two, it stays loose since it is separated from the soil by the plastic and therefore it a weed does happed to sprout, it is easy to pull.

The new walk way will now keep the mud off of the feet.


We were only able to get a small teaser amount of the project completed, but hopefully the results will encourage the completion if the rest of the yard.

This is my last full day here so Hailey and I decided to take one last bike ride.

She's not a fan of having her picture taken, but I'm a fan of taking it.

We decided to go check out where they had the fire the other day.

Somehow, we forgot about the checking out the fire as we got caught up in the scenery.

The area is known as Dry Falls

The overhang really makes the height apparent ot your eyes.

Trying to get a better view!

A new restaurant in town, we like Mexican

She likes these Chile flavored Mexican Dulces

Not sure if this is before or after consumption, but she seems happy.

June 21st and my last day with family in Ephrata, WA. They have all gathered on the porch to see Grandpa off.

I stopped by for one last visit with my Grandson Steffen and then it was off on a route he suggested.

The first view of the Columbia River when approaching from the east on I-90

That view point also offers views of a couple of types of iron horses as well.

Looking downstream

These are only one type of iron horses.

More than 90% of the times I travel this route, I take this bridge, but not today.


The Wanapum Dam on the Columbia

I suspect this boat is used for maintenance above the dam

On the other hand, I'm positive this one is used for fishing. Or is this just a clever cover for a spying operation?

My Granddaughter Patience and her little girl Shannon showing me her big chip!

Big chip, big bite, big Cutie!

What would a grandpa visit be without a bike ride?

When she was little and riding with me, Patience had no fear. Now she is worried that something is going to happen to her little girl.

Important thing is Shannon isn't worried at all, on the other hand, it has been 20 years since Patience started riding with me. Could I have lost something in that amount of time?          Nah!!!

Out destination is the Peppermint Stick Ice Cream stand but like her mother, she is easily distracted

It's easy to refocus

That looks like a mighty big bite.

Must not be too big, it fits!

Mama used to steal my glasses too!

Kinda fun sitting here making Vroom Vroom sounds

When grandpa turns this it makes it go. Why isn't it working?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n