The last day of front porch sitting at the rally

Out on my own again, I stopped for a late lunch

Rosie Jo's Cafe

Of the six chicken fried steaks I've had on this trip this one was about number 4

I liked their decorations

Thinking I might get a picture of the Stadium the KC Chiefs play in and needing to do laundry I rented a room at this America's Best Value Inn

Absolutely the second worst motel room I have ever rented. I should have looked the place over a lot better.

I'm pretty sure there was a family shop lifting scheme taking place in the room  next to me

On the other hand, the laundry across the street was first cabin

Nice clean folding tables

Time to compare another chicken fried steak, and this one is currently in second place. I think that will be enough for this trip

Might as well go out with at least a second place memory

That third digit keeps getting bigger

I still have a couple of hundred miles before I get there, but I'll be sure to stop for an ice-cream cone.

What a difference a few hours make.

At least with Covid declared over, breakfast is being served again.

I sure wish I could swim without sinking.

Oh well, I have a nice place to blog from.


When I was a kid, it only cost a dime to shoot these things. Today, it cost $3.00  Sadly, I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I wonder how my new skinning knife would work on this guy?

 

I think this is the first motel breakfast I've had since the they were cancelled by the Covid protocol. Nice to have them back.

There is a lot of green grass and rolling hills as you roll down the highway in South Dakota.

The site wasn't open to visit but I took a couple of pics of the outside.

At least it is now motorcycle related.

I thought of my Granddaughter Patience when I parked next to this the worlds largest prairie dog.

She always wanted to catch one

I think she could have here


This guy was throwing dirt out of the hole while I was standing there

If you are so inclined, you can take a helicopter tour of the badlands

I chose the poor mans route.

When I was little as maybe 8 or 10 my father told me stories of the badlands where someone would walk into them, become disoriented and never find their way out. All these years later, I still don't think it would be a good idea to go hiking in there.

Enjoy the pics, no more content now until the picture subjects change.










I think this is a female Bighorn Sheep















Good Bye Badlands

A chainsaw wood carving company near Wall Drug

Even the post office seemed very busy in Wall, SD

Save for $.05 Coffee and free ice water, there are no good deals at Wall Drug anymore!


A cool old building in Belle Fourche, SD

I saw a lot of antelope in the fields along the highway, but none that were trying to jump out at me.

Pretty Ladies

I was getting tired when I pulled into Broadus, MT

I rented a room from this motel company, but it was at another of their locations. You might say not as glamorous!

However, it is still Home Sweet Home for tonight

Employees are hard to come by even in these little rural towns. The bowling alley was my only source of a meal at the 2 o'clock hour

Not pretentious at all, but very clean, adequate, and very friendly

A great place for this town of ranchers to bring their families and meet up with their friends



The Corner Store sells gas, ranch supplies, and a lot of other things as well.


Whatever you have that needs fixed, just dump it out front and we'll get around to it eventually. Pick up, snowmobile, outboard motor, 2 ton truck.....................

Otherwise you can get your tire and oil changes here.

Corner Store

I never saw one store front in this town that wasn't an active business

Whatever you might need is available on one of these streets



When you get bored playing bingo at the senior center, you can walk next door to the bar.



The first store I've seen that specializes in weathered Antiques

I felt honored to have the only multi species room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n