I thought I'd better get a picture of the couple that so graciously hosted me for the last few days as at the end of our ride today I will be heading back to Portland before heading out on the final leg of my journey. Thanks you both so much for everything!!!

Is this the proverbial Pig and his Blankets?

This is just for this pig.

The end of the Lewis and Clark trail

I'd wager that both Lewis and Clark were ecstatic to see a Mo's when  finally made it!

Just in case you were wondering, I made it too, but not to MO's        Norma's is much better!

There's beauty around every corner here in the NW. About 40 degrees cooler than home too!

Nice little fish ladder

Two pretty horses and an ugly one

This overflow usually sets the level of the lake.

They can also set it manually by using this weir which they are doing during the construction of a rather elaborate fish ladder.

When it is done, the salmon will have a casual stroll to the lake. Well I'm not sure what they call it when a fish strolls.

I guess I'm really getting old. I thought this girl was pretty cute until I focused on the hog rings in her nose. I'll never understand putting a bumper sticker on a Bugatti!!!  See you later Doug, it's been a great few days of riding with you.

I had a great lunch and visit with a couple of dear friends in Redmond, OR.  It's always so fun to catch up in person now and then.

I've been friends with Wyz since my late twenties. He is now in a memory care facility, but we had a lot of laughs recalling so many things we shared over the last fifty years. I am so glad I got to visit him one last time. He was too, although I'm sure he has already forgotten about it by now less than twenty four hours later.

I did smile when he told me this place doesn't even charge him rent.

I rode through my old neighborhood and there were four bucks just hanging out in my former neighbors yard.


A brush fire broke out as I was riding through Warm Springs

There was no one fighting it, but from what I could see, it couldn't make it past the rimrock

 

I have a friend that works the St. Paul Rodeo so I decided to go out and check things out since I thought that it took place on the weekend.

When I got there I discovered that it actually happens on July 4th. The vendors were still setting up.

It looks like the carnival rides are all ready to go too, just need some kids to show up.

It all happens inside that arena so I guess there are no free views for poor folk like me.

Some tough looking bulls are ready to throw some riders.

Actually they look more like pets here, but wait until they put that flank strap on them.

I'm pretty sure this church is the pride of St. Paul

I's been here for awhile

You beer drinkers can rest assured that there are plenty of hops for this years brewing. Just in case you like hazelnuts with your beer, plenty of them too.

It seems all of the farmers are competing for the most beautiful yards on this road.

Sometimes I like to stop and see how a crop actually develops on it's host plant. You are looking at a very young Hazelnut.

Hazelnut trees

Hops

I don't know why, but I like bridges

I like them even more when there is flowing water beneath them

I really like them when there is a red motorcycle nearby.

How could I not turn left? It ended up being nine miles of smooth pavement and the first five miles did not disappoint

This place caught my eye 

Looks like it could be part of a small custom logging operation

Cute little log house

I assumed that this wasn't a welcome sign.

All good things must end sometime

I wonder if it's just because it the 4th of July weekend

I didn't ride through, but from the road it looks like a nice place

These kids were enjoying the river. That's a waterfall where you see the water end.


I no longer have the where with all to hike where I can get great shots anymore.

At least you get the idea of what I'm seeing

I'm sure you appreciate how I risk my life to get these incredible M. :) :)

Much prettier in person!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n