What could so many beehives be doing in one tree?

Answer, becoming pine cones gigantus!

I used to think that California was called the golden state because of the gold rush. Now I think it is because every summer the grass turns a golden color

What could be better than a twisty road following a babbling brook?

You can almost see it saying babble babble babble

How about one following a roaring creek?

Cache Creek near Clear Lake in CA


July 8th and I'm leaving my son and his wife to start my trek home. This will be the last time that I visit them at their old home.

Their new home is close by and for a couple of minutes I was treated to VIP parking.


These two were selling firewood

I was more interested in this surfer wagon

I've been seeing several Burgmans that have been towing trailers on this trip. I think that is a SilverWing with a sidecar.

For the last couple of days I've been referring to this as Gustave's Launch

I thought about it for a minute...............after all............ it is a Wing

The Sand Lake recreation area is a fun place to run your sand rails and dune buggies.

Lots of dunes in different spots along the southern Oregon coast.

It was fun watching them launch this from the shore. Not sure why four guys need 14 fishing poles.



A lot of big rocks along the coast also

Surprising how many hardy surfers you see up here

I'm not sure how one sinks a boat in dead calm water.

Maybe the beginning of the woke generation

The Otis cafe in Lincoln City served a nice breakfast

The cook was working hard the entire time I was there.

I got a surprise visit from Sherm's daughter Angie. She rode her electric bike, but used the pedals mostly to get here. She tries to save the battery for the uphill sections.

Seashore erosion can be beautiful

It was fun watching the waves break over this big rock.

The tops of so many of the rocks are completely covered with birds

however you really can't see them very well with your naked eye

I think they are different from the ones on the other rock



The names of this bridge and the lighthouse are escaping my mind.


Boiler cove or something like that. It's really fun to watch at high tide.


Light On

Light Off

The seals at seal rock are laid back


When the marine layer burned off, the water became very blue




Looks like some kind of a loading dock, but I'm just guessing here


This Army Corp of Engineers ship looked like it was going to enter the river channel but then he turned around and started back out to sea very very slowly.

There were at least twenty boats of about this size heading out of the river channel very slowly.

With the telephoto, you can see that they are all trolling for fish


Maybe Sherm will tell me what this ship is for



I wasn't going to have any more Mexican Food for awhile. That didn't last long.

 

My sisters turtle is a friendly eater, not like that sucker that tried to remove my thumb in Arkansas.

An excellent omelet at the Anderson Split Pea restaurant


My sister Shari and her husband Ken are full time gardeners at the Shariton Residence for family and friends

Here she is harvesting some very delicious apricots

Now thems some pretty Hide-A-Re-Arrangeias


I ate ten of these and number 10 was just as good as number 1

Her shabby little garden shack

Very soothing gardens

Ken meets up with his friends a couple of times a week for pickleball

This is Apple

She seems to like doing martial arts poses on the pickleball courts

I always enjoy my stay at the Shariton




What are the odds of my odometer rolling over to this number as I pulled into my drive?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

n